Rough Boring Heads TWN 315
Roughing beyond limits
Series 315 TWN twin cutter boring heads are designed for heavy duty rough boring and semi-finishing operations. Their compact, sturdy design and positive geometry allow almost chatter-free operation even in interrupted cuts and high cutting speeds.
Twin cutter boring heads can outperform single cutter finishing heads by a factor of up to 4 times. Large stock allowances and high feed rates permit high production while assuring optimum bore roundness and location, two important quality features for today's tighter control of part geometry. In many cases, these tools can eliminate the need for semi-finishing cuts due to the superb balance of cutting forces, even under the most severe casting core shift.
Rough Boring Heads TWN 315 series tools use ISO standard inserts with positive cutting geometry for reduced cutting forces. The top clamp free mounting of the inserts and wide open chip spaces between the insert holders allows perfect chip formation and evacuation. Different grades and geometry's of carbide and silicon nitride inserts are available to optimize all application criteria.
- Highest stability and length accuracy due to a special, ground profile connection on both ends between tool body and insert holder
- Additional insert holder for each head size for extended boring range and more chip space when blind hole roughing
- Through-tool coolant supply, with adjustable coolant nozzles for sizes 53 and larger
- ISO standard inserts in various shapes and different geometry for all work piece materials
- Simple handling and compact design