TMS Service Technician
BIG KAISER is an industrial tooling company located in Hoffman Estates, IL. We are a global supplier of precision metal cutting tools and machine tool accessories. BIG KAISER designs, manufactures and markets premium high-precision tooling systems and solutions for the Automotive, Aerospace, Agriculture, Energy, and Microtechnology industries among others.
We are currently looking to grow our tool measuring systems (TMS) department with the addition of a TMS Service Technician.
This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary and benefits that are commensurate with one’s experience.
- Install new equipment (including software) at customer locations and provide training to customers on new equipment
- Perform Preventive Maintenance services on customer machines
- Provide technical assistance and advice to customers as needed
- Perform machine repairs at customer locations
- Inspect and prepare incoming presetters for shipment to customer locations
- Troubleshoot issues or errors on machines and integrated software
- Schedule and maintain travel arrangements (flights, hotels, rental cars, etc.) with customer availability
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are usually Monday through Friday, with core work hours 8am to 4pm, 40 hours per week.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel of about 80-90% of the time is required.
Required Education and Experience
- Technical or Associate Degree in an electrical, electronic or mechanical field or equivalent military education or 5 or more years’ experience as manufacturing machinery service technician.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years in a sales or sales support experience
- Experience in technical customer support
- Experience in the field of CNC machine maintenance or tooling experience
Further Requirements of the Candidate
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Needs to have a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a passport
- Must be able to travel Monday through Friday and to work flexible hours