Shipping and Receiving
BIG KAISER is an industrial tooling company located in Hoffman Estates, IL. We are a global supplier of precision metal cutting tools and machine tool accessories. BIG KAISER designs, manufactures and markets premium high-precision tooling systems and solutions for the Automotive, Aerospace, Agriculture, Energy, and Microtechnology industries among others.
We are currently looking to grow our shipping department with the addition of a shipping/receiving clerk.
This is a part-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Operation of forklift, pallet jacks, or hand trucks to move product to proper departments or areas.
- Unpacking, examining, and routing of incoming shipments, rejecting damaged items, recording of shortages, and corresponding with the shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Performance of weekly cycle counts of inventory.
- Shipment of all products ordered by our customers.
- Receiving products and supplies.
- Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Six months to one year of experience working in a shipping/receiving function is a plus.
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions, and use simple math.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs of weight.
- Forklift Certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with shipping software such as UPS Worldship or Fed-Ex Manager is a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word & Dynamics GP is a plus.