Series 318 Large Diameter Boring System
Super light system provides highest precision and performance
The Series 318 Large Diameter Boring System is designed for heavy roughing of bores—and a special adapter can extend the system even further. The lightweight and secure configuration makes it ideally suited for higher speed operations-up to 6600 SFM. For use on production machines such as boring mills and machining centers with spindle taper sizes of 40 and larger.
The system is based on aluminum extension slides of different lengths, which support a variety of aluminum and steel components for roughing and finishing tool assemblies. The mounting components are pinned to fit onto specific locations on the slides, and secured with steel bolts. The precise positioning of the components on the slide along with incremental adjustment scales for insert holders permit diameter and length setting without a tool presetter.
- Versatile system for various applications such as roughing, finishing, pin turning and face grooving
- Coolant supply through all components to the cutting edge
- Absolutely safe mounting of the components on the extension slide for highest safety in operation
- Flanges with CKN connection for highest torque transmission with lightweight tools
- High strength and hard coated aluminum, and nickel coated steel components for scratch resistant and rust protected surfaces
- Accurate balancing without balancing machine by means of two-piece counter weight with slide and scale